Science is an important subject in our school syllabus. It is also on e of the most fascinating subjects students can learn about. Science exp lains how our world works - from the natural world of weather and enviro nment, to the made world of transport and electricity.
Excel< /em> Basic Skills: Science and Technology Years 5-6 is a comprehensive g uide through the Science syllabus, intended to help students revise and consolidate what they have learned at school. It aims to increase confid ence in a range of scientific topics, using easy-to-understand text, dia grams, quizzes and practical exercises.
The important features of this book are:
- interesting topics: each unit covered in th e book correspond with a unit in the syllabus. Each new concept is conta ined to one page, making it easy for students to complete one topic at a time
- quick questions and exercises: there is a set of quick qu estions or a quick exercise to complete on every page. This makes sure s tudents are absorbing the information and thinking about each topic
- something to do: these are fun and informative practical activities for students to try at home - always under adult supervision. The activ ities use household items to demonstrate a scientific concept
- t ests: two tests are included in the book, one halfway through the topics and one at the end. The tests can be used to assess the student's under standing of the concepts covered in the book
- lift-out answers: answers to all the activities and tests are provided in a convenient lif t-out section in the middle of the book